CIVITATENSIS

Monday, March 21, 2005

Leave Canada!

A CBC radio personality and a Toronto blogger are going at it. My money is on the blogger, for the record.

CBC's Andy Barry sent a terse reply to Angry in the Great White North blogger, after the latter requested an explanation regarding public funding and the ideological preferences of a CBC's broadcast. Barry replied:
I've got a way for you not to pay for the CBC. Leave Canada.

Worked for me. I didn't want to pay for the Viet Nam war, so I left. Consider it a fair trade. You'll be in the only country in the industrialized world without a national broadcaster, and you'll have the satisfaction of not having to see you tax dollars wasted. And I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that someone who gets his facts from Fox won't be voting in any more Canadian elections. You won't have to be Angry in Toronto any more.

You can be Happy in Toledo.

Then everybody's happy.
First, I though: Uhhmmm! How poetic that the quitter advises others to quit their own country. Tried, tested, and true. How conservative of him.

I wrote yesterday (right below) about deserters and brain drained Americans coming up to Canada to stay. Voila. Barry's invitation may be the thing to do for many of us. But the agreement would have to be fully reciprocal --or it will not work. Carolyn Parrish will be Canada's ruler then.

(Hat tip: Bene Diction Blogs On)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home