CIVITATENSIS

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Blogging Infections

I switched to the Mozilla Firefox web browser weeks ago, and I have not looked back since. Don't get me wrong. I am not a Bill Gates hater. I have nothing against Bill Gates just because he is Bill Gates or because how successful he has been. I simply tried Firefox out, and it worked much better. Faster loading and better security were the best selling points for me.

Firefox also offers better protection against blogging infections. Spyware and viruses can be acquired through blog visits. In particular, visiting blogs right off the Google Blogger (such as this very blog) by clicking on the corner right hand side button that takes you to a random blog can land you in trouble. The "next blog" button activates a script that may leave your machine vulnerable to spyware and to some trojan viruses. MS Internet Explorer tends to be particularly vulnerable, though they are already working on counter-measures.

Experts advise the public
to switch to the Mozilla Foundation's Firefox Web browser for reading blogs. Either do that, or change IE security settings to deactivate ActiveX or JavaScript in the Web browser.
Mozilla Firefox is available for downloading for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home