CIVITATENSIS

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Non, merci

I used to think that American politics had an almost monopoly on generating the most interesting one-liners. You know the ones...
  • "...that depends what the meaning of the word is is," or
  • "Read my hips," or
  • "Wouldn't you like to kiss it," and so on.
But I have had to reassess that position after reading the text of Jean Chretien's statement to the Gomery Commission. Here is one gem:
So, somebody said [to me]: We should have balls with your name on them.

2 Comments:

  • Does it really matter who she is? I would have thought that it is the ideas that count in a blog likw this. Besides, if she wanted you to know her name, wouldn't she simply open up her profile?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/10/2005 01:54:00 PM  

  • Dear Jonathan:
    Thanks for visiting. I am sorry that I cannot grant your request. But such is the present political climate in this country. Some of my friends at TW might be able to help you, though.

    By Blogger kaqchikel, at 2/12/2005 08:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home